Salman Amin was appointed CEO of pladis, the global snacking company behind iconic brands including McVitie’s, GODIVA and Ulker, in February 2019.
His experience spans over 30 years working for some of the world’s largest FMCG companies including SC Johnson, where he served as Chief Operating Officer of the Global Commercial Division with overall leadership responsibility for the commercial organisation, and before that as the Chief Operating Officer of North American Markets.
Prior to his roles at SC Johnson, Salman worked for PepsiCo for 17 years. He held various roles including the position of President of PepsiCo UK & Ireland and Global Chief Marketing Officer. Earlier in his career he also spent 10 years at Procter & Gamble in brand management, working in the United States, Germany, Saudi Arabia and Switzerland.
- BSc in Civil Engineering from Syracuse University
- MBA from the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
- Honorary Doctorate of Letters from De Montfort University
- Board of Directors of ITV PLC in UK
- Global Advisory Board for the Kellogg School of Management
- Former board member of the Grocery Manufacturers Association
- Board of Directors of The Elizabeth Arden Company from 2010 to 2015